Our Shopping afternoon in Kenya.
1. Public shared Tuk-tuk to shopping centre #1. Cost .20 cents each.
L loves sitting with driver!
2. Buy mobile roaming for phone ( to backup dodgy internet) but credit card wont work in shop.
3. Tuk-tuk to supermarket #2 (budget shop)
4. Man charges me on credit card $400 for $40 shop but instead of voiding transaction he refunds causing card fees of $8 to me ( I confess I was not the model citizen and got VERY cranky because I asked him 5 times to cancel not refund and now we wait up to 9 days for refund here and it leaves me out of pocket.
5. Walk with ‘golden’ groceries to supermarket #3
Meet people we know. Strange we are befriending locals and chatting at the shops (note to self to dress for shopping).
6. Home in tuk-tuk but still missing lots of needed food so will go to supermarket #4 and #5 on Monday.
7. Start to cook and all pots going and the power goes out and I nearly catch fire!
Thank goodness they switch on generator.
That ends my day….